Videos are one of the best and most popular ways to connect with your online students. They definitely increase student engagement and may help students to learn and retain the information you present in your course more effectively.
- Tie videos directly to course assignments and/or assessment.
- Use conversational language and humor in production; draw on past experiences.
- Add video that supplements other content; the videos should not convey information that students could just read as text.
- Produce high-quality videos; high production value can signify important information.
- Keep the four-minute view time as a design consideration, break longer lectures into shorter segments
Whether you need access to recording technologies, help with shooting and editing, or just some outside feedback, we can help you to create media that will engage your students and enrich their learning experience.
The sound booth can be used for creating podcasts, adding voice overs to screencasts or presentations, or creating other types of student-focused media. It’s equipped with a PC, microphone, webcam and a range of software for video and audio editing, including Camtasia. Not sure where to begin? We can help you get started and provide support throughout the recording and editing process.
Using our green screen, professional lighting, and HD camera, we can help you to shoot a high-quality video in our lab or in your classroom. We can also help you with all aspects of pre and post-production, from writing a script to editing your video for the Web.
Contact Mala Aiyar at email@example.com to have your personally created course videos captioned.