Make 2023 your year by taking advantage of the wide range of professional development opportunities out there!
Here are a few we’ve rounded up:
Here are a wide range of spring conferences dedicated to educational technology topics.
Hybrid (Online and Austin, TX), March 7-10, 2022
Featuring a diverse array of speakers and sessions, competitions, performances, and film screenings, the SXSW EDU program fosters learning and discovery for all education stakeholders.
The majority of the program is fueled by community input through various applications, including PanelPicker which is a two-part online process that enables the community to lend their voice to the event.
Explore all confirmed programming in the SXSW EDU Schedule.
Hybrid (Online and Palm Springs, CA), March 16-18, 2023
Be inspired, connect with fellow educators, and learn about the latest ideas in teaching and learning and the best educational technology for your classroom! Spring CUE 2023 will be a celebration of Educators. It’s time to come together and celebrate all that is good about being an educator. Spring CUE 2023 will feature hundreds of informative learning sessions, keynotes from thought leaders and renowned educators, hands-on experiences in eSports, AR/VR, wellness, and more.
Online, April 4 to April 6, 2023
Nashville, TN, April 18 to April 21, 2023
OLC Innovate, a joint conference presented by OLC and MERLOT, provides a path for innovators of all experience levels and backgrounds to share best practices, test new ideas, and collaborate on driving forward online, digital, and blended learning.
This year’s conference will take place April 18 – 21, 2023 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville!
Join us as we challenge our teaching and learning paradigms, reimagine the learning experience, and ideate on how disruptions in education today will shape the innovative classroom of tomorrow.
Champaign, IL, May 23 to 24, 2023
The 2023 conference theme is “Designs for Learning.” Read more about it here.
This theme is supplemented by FSI’s longstanding byline: Adapt, Evolve, Engage.
- Adapt – We are adapting to the changes across higher education. From student needs to budget climates to accreditation to the value of education in general.
- Evolve – We will be evolving our teaching styles to match changes in learning. We will be evolving our conferences, professional development, and outreach to demonstrate our value in this changing environment.
- Engage – How do we engage our students where they are? How do we engage our campuses to understand the changes that are impacting higher education? What strategies can we use to engage both internal and external stakeholders to help in these changing times?
We challenge you to think about this theme and these action words and how you can help us organize an event that is beneficial not only to you but also for your campus and its students.
Learn more about teaching online through these valuable courses. Bonus–COD employees get a discounted rate! Email us for information. Upcoming Spring courses include:
- Universal Design
- Blended Instruction and Design
- Instructional Design for Online Course Development
- Overview of Online Instruction
- Overview of Online Instruction
- Practicum for Master Online Teacher Certificate
- Student Assessment in Online Courses
Still looking for ways to learn? Here are a few other things to check out.
The ADE is a great place to learn more about Adobe products and teaching with technology. They have a large slate of upcoming courses that cover topics like graphic design, flipped learning, video creation and more.
There are some great webinars on here for those looking to learn more about creating truly accessible course content.
COD employees now have access to the full Magna Commons– 200 recorded webinars on a variety of topics! You will need to sign in with your institutional membership information.
Have something else you think people should know about? Let us know! We’ll add it to the list and send it out in our newsletter.