The mission of Learning Technologies is to provide instructional design and LMS technology support to the faculty at College of DuPage.
Further, it is to introduce our faculty colleagues to innovative uses of LMS technology and other learning technology tools that will improve student success, academic excellence, and enhance the student experience in their educational pursuits.
Additionally Learning Technologies continually researches and develops training opportunities regarding the use of current and emerging LMS technologies for use in higher education in the, online, hybrid, and face-to-face modalities of instruction. Our aim is to support the college’s mission of academic excellence and student success through collaborative and innovative actions.
Our goals reflect a desire to help students, faculty, and the College as a whole. We aim to:
- Increase and support the smart use of technology in classes across the College.
- Make sure students can succeed in online courses as well and as easily as they can in classroom classes.
- Make sure we have the best technology tools available.
- Increase the number and variety of hybrid courses.
- Increase the number of online degrees, certificates and courses.
- Research and explore new technologies and best practices.
LT Steering Committee
The Learning Technologies Steering Committee is a multi-divisional effort to direct and improve technology access, training, and quality at College of DuPage. Current members include:
- Counseling– Silvia Donatelli
- Business & Information Technology– Joe Tungol and Justin Wagner
- Health Sciences– Kathy Cabai and Tara Leszczewicz
- Liberal Arts and Communication– Dawn Chow
- Library– Colin Koteles
- Social & Behavioral Sciences– Christine Monnier and Amanda Musacchio
The committee is responsible for identifying educational needs of faculty and recommending solutions, especially with regard to Blackboard. Members serve as champions of Blackboard, promoting its use within their respective disciplines and help connect other faculty to the support resources provided by the Learning Technologies department. Committee members also research and investigate emerging educational technology products, participate in educational technology-related pilots and evaluate effectiveness of the products, and ultimately serve as faculty champions for new technologies adopted by the College.
Let Us Help You!
We want to help you make the most of the technologies we have here at College of DuPage! Contact us for individual support or check out some of our upcoming workshops and courses.
Meet Our Team
The LT Team has a wide range of skills that can help you improve your courses and your tech expertise!
We provide everything from basic Blackboard support to in-depth course development assistance.
Learning Technologies Manager
Web Content Editor