What Is Fix Your Content Day?
Each year, the global accessibility community unites on the third Thursday of May for Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) to highlight the need for more inclusive digital content. We seek to join the conversation by inspiring and motivating institutions across the globe to demonstrate how accessible content is better content.
Due to the success and excitement around last year’s event, Blackboard is bringing back the Fix Your Content Day, a 24-hour global event committed to creating accessible and more inclusive digital learning content. The objective of the day is to mobilize instructors and staff to fix as many digital course files as possible through Blackboard Ally.
Join Us for FYCD22
Sign Up Now!
To earn this credit:
- By May 18, make sure you have content loaded in the summer or fall course sections you plan to work on. By the 18th, also make sure you have reviewed the Content Day tutorials and accessed your Course Accessibility Reports.
- After reviewing the Content Day tutorials, select at least one accessibility topic to focus on in your course(s). Tutorials are linked in the section above.
- Content will be remediated on May 19th, the official date for Fix Your Content Day.
- Once you have worked on your course content, be sure to fill out the Exit Ticket. Full-time faculty are eligible for 1 PDH after completing all activities and the exit ticket.
May 19, 2002 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, or would just like to further discuss content accessibility, join the FYCD drop-in support sessions. Learning Tech staff will be available throughout the day to answer any questions and provide guidance on content accessibility topics including Blackboard Ally.
Session takes place on Zoom:
- Meeting ID: 875 0278 9694