We’ve got a new course! It’s called Blackboard for New Users, and as you might imagine, it covers some of the basic elements of using Blackboard.
While the course is designed to help those who are entirely new to Blackboard learn how to use it, if you feel like you could use a refresher on Blackboard basics, it could be of use to you as well.
Here’s what the course covers:
- Navigating to Blackboard
- Blackboard Course Shells and Course Menus
- Edit Mode and Communicating with Students
- Adding Content to Your Course
- Assessing Students
- Working with the Grade Center (includes Qwickly)
- Making Your Course Available, Preparing for Next Term, and Getting Help
While some of the elements of the course might be too basic for those who use Blackboard fairly regularly, there are also things that might be of interest, especially if you think you might want to start using Blackboard for more of the elements involved in teaching and administering your course.
You can sign up to take Blackboard for New Users at any time as it’s entirely self-paced. Sign up is done in Cornerstone, which you can access through the employee portal.