Over the next week, we’ll be offering a range of workshops both online and in person to help you adapt your courses for remote delivery.
Today (March 13th) we are offering a couple of sessions in-person and one online webinar, which will be recorded.
- Collaborate Ultra, 2:00 p.m., SRC 3013
- Collaborate Ultra, 3:00 p.m., SRC 3013
- Collaborate Ultra, 2:00 p.m., Online (to access the webinar, please use this Collaborate Ultra Room Link)
To learn about our sessions next week, please use the button below to access our current training schedule and to find links to register (via Cornerstone). We have front loaded sessions to provide more opportunities for learning earlier in the week as we understand you will need to have ample time to prepare your courses for this shift in delivery mode. However, if there is demand for additional sessions as the week goes on, we will add them as needed. Please check back for updates to our offerings.
Online Resources for Remote Teaching
In addition to the training sessions, you can always access the resources below to help you find support for Blackboard, Collaborate Ultra, and other remote teaching questions and issues. We’ve included links to student support that you can share with your students.
- Information on Teaching Remotely (COD official page)
- Knowledge Base
- Blackboard Help
- Collaborate Ultra Help
- Learning Technologies Blog
- Teaching, Learning & Practice
- Blackboard Continuity of Education Group (you will need to create a Bb Community account)
- Blackboard Learn Student Support
- Collaborate Ultra Student Support
If you can’t find the answer to your question in these resources, please use the contact information below.
If you need to contact us with a specific question you can call or email using the information below. Due to the volume of requests, we may be slower than usual with responding, so please bear with us.
- Email: email@example.com or you can also submit a ticket for support through our Knowledge Base.
- Call: (630) 942-2490
- Visit: We will be in our office, BIC 3401, until the end of next week (March 20th).
If you are experiencing technical problems, you can contact the IT Helpdesk.
- Call: (630) 942-4357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org