College of DuPage is an institutional member of Educause. Along with that membership come some benefits that you as a staff or faculty member can take advantage of when you’re looking to do some research, sign up for training, or seek out a professional community. Here’s what you need to know to make the most of this membership:
What is Educause?
Educause is a nonprofit organization dedicated to “advancing higher education through the use of information technology.” As such, many, if not most of the resources it creates are related to the use of technology on the college campus, and are aimed at those working in information technology and ed tech, though instructors and staff members who are also invested in using technology to teach will likely find plenty of items of interest.
On the Educause website, visitors will find a networking platform for connecting to other higher educational professionals, as well as content on best practices, emerging technologies and hot topics. Additionally, Educause puts out regular print and digital publications, including their magazine Educause Review. Educause is also engaged in policy advocacy, teaching and learning initiatives, and applied research.
The current membership of Educause comprises more than 1,800 colleges, universities, and educational organizations, 450 corporations, and 60 nonprofit organizations, with more than 100,000 members in all.
What are the Membership Benefits?
As an employee of an Educause member institution, you have access to a range of benefits. Here are a few:
- Access to Educause publications. Educause puts out both digital and physical publications throughout the year. Members can get access to the complete Educause library of resources.
- Access to professional networking opportunities. There are several ways that you can help further your career through the resources provided by our Educause membership. The organization offers professional mentorships, volunteer opportunities, and several targeted online communities that can help you learn, grow, and get to know other professionals.
- Special member pricing. Educause members get special pricing on the organization’s annual conference as well as other events, webinars, and courses throughout the year. If you plan to enroll in any of these, make sure to take advantage of the discount to make the most of your professional development funds.
- Access to peer institution data. For those looking to select a technology, knowing how it has worked (or hasn’t) at other institutions can be invaluable. Educause offers an opportunity to take a peak at this kind of data through Core Data Services, Learning Space Ratings, and more.
- Access to the Educause Learning Institute. Through ELI, you can learn more about up and coming technologies, get advice on big decisions, meet others in your field, and engage in several webinars throughout the year (for free!).
Don’t be afraid to take advantage of this and other great opportunities through our institutional memberships!